- My friend and running buddy Stacey wrote a really good article about why we run for the magazine she edits. She speaks the truth, that one, especially when she says stuff like “we have stopped running so we can eat bad, and started eating right so we can run well”. Except I haven’t reaaaaally started eating as healthily as I should be doing… yet.
- When I was in Singapore last week, I discovered yet another reason why running is awesome: if you’re in a new place for a really short period of time, it’s the perfect way to get some sightseeing done (especially if you combine running with jetlag and lace up your shoes when half the city is still asleep!).
- There needs to be some sort of global campaign to make people realise running on a treadmill and running outside are not the same thing.
- It makes me very happy that both my homes, New Zealand and Portugal, use the metric system. Saying 6 miles instead of 10km doesn’t sound nearly as impressive.
- Rockmyrun.com, I did not know you existed. Finding you today made me happy.
- Only 23 days until the next half marathon.
October 27, 2011 at 10:37 pm
delirei com esta foto!!! MESMO!!
já comprei as tilhas de corrida, mas ainda só caminhei com elas. o próximo passo será fazer-te companhia virtual!! 🙂
October 28, 2011 at 10:11 am
yay! mais uma que vai ficar viciada, cheira-me! 😉 vou ficar atenta a updates dos treinos.
October 29, 2011 at 3:41 pm
Your friend’s article was really good! It’s awesome to have a run down (pah!) of all the competitions around the North Island. Good on you both! I’ve also really loved going from a 5 minute runner to a little bit of an addict.. Is it strange that we get our energy from… expending energy?? Haha. I too like that statement about not running to eat bad etc. I’ve always struggled with the idea of using something as fantastic as exercise as punishment for eating.. Love the picture above. Love the idea of running to get to know a city (I will be depending on this when we move to Canada next year).
October 30, 2011 at 4:39 pm
Thanks, Christina! Oh, moving to Canada! How exciting! Can’t wait to see your take on Canadian recipes and see photos of your runs around there. 🙂
October 29, 2011 at 9:32 pm
I’ve gotten into running in the past few months too, and ran my first 10K in September. I’m trying so hard not to get out of the habit but I find it really difficult in the winter! Also, I’ve heard great things about rockmyrun, so I’ll definitely have to check it out!
October 30, 2011 at 4:40 pm
Yeah, getting through winter is the worst, I think. Signing up for running events was what saved me, really, because it forced me to keep on training even in the rain and sometimes in the dark. Good luck! 🙂
Pingback: Summing up the October blogging challenge « super generic girl