Since I took up the challenge of blogging every day in October (as training for writing every day for NaNoWriMo next month), this is the first day when there was actually a chance it wasn’t going to happen. Mainly because of how busy/tired I am. I’m lacking time but I’m mostly lacking inspiration – two things I’m going to have to deal with a lot during NaNoWriMo.
Anyway, for lack of something else to talk about but to avoid ruining the challenge on my first week into it, here’s a post about nothing in particular and a few things in general.
- Today, at work, I had to write about Steve Jobs’ death. I didn’t think I would care much about this sort of news but, a bunch of photo slideshows, videos and written biographies later, it’s a real shame for the world that he’s left because, at only 56, I’m sure he could still create a lot more innovative things.
- Yesterday, I went for a 6km run by myself. It sucked. And not (just) because I was by myself but also because I was wearing old Nike shoes (since my proper running shoes were still drying) and the stupid old things gave me a giant blister 3km in. Running the rest of the way back home was really not my idea of a good time.
- My running buddy and I met up to do something other than run, something that has been quite rare lately. This time, I was her +1 at the opening night of the “show me shorts” film festival. It was at Capitol Cinema on Dominion Road, in Auckland, and it was my first time there. Such a pretty place!
- Also, in today’s chapter of “where have you been all my life?”: dried cranberries. How did it take me 27 years to try them? What other amazing stuff have I been missing out on?
- Oh, I found out that The Inbetweeners Movie is going to be released in NZ at the end of the month and that made me happy.