Yes, this is another post about food – more specifically, it’s a post about cake (my favourite of all food groups – and what do you mean ‘cake isn’t a food group?’).
A few days ago, I baked my first ever apple tart (tart, not pie – take it easy!). Why, you ask? Well, because I remembered I had found what looked like the easiest recipe ever, even for a noob like me.
Anyway, in the absence of anything smart to say here, I thought I’d share another recipe.
- 250g butter (soft but not melted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- grated rind of one orange
- 2 1/2 cups flour (self-raising)
- diced apple (I used a tin of apples I had at home, not sure how many apples to use, perhaps 4 or 5)
- icing sugar to dust on top
I can’t remember where I got the recipe from, as I wrote it down a while ago and it has been sitting in the “to try” queue.
The result was very positive, even though the bottom was a wee bit burnt (less time in the oven next time, I guess). I’m looking forward to giving it another go, perhaps adding blueberries to it.